Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Desktop Woes

So recently my desktop has been having multiple BSODs, and I think it's because I'm overclocking my video card too much. I have a 9600GT with stock clocks of 675/1625/900 (core/shader/mem), but when I game I overclock it to 720/1900/1000. Yeah, I know that shader OC his HUGE, but still. I've dropped it down to 700/1850/975, and I still get BSODs. I think my shader is 1825 MAX, while I know my core is 725 stable. I'm almost certain the mem is 1000 stable as well. Oh well, what can you do? More fiddling is in for me.

And I've completely thrown all OCs to my CPU. No point anymore. My super-old s939 4400+ get's to 60+ degrees C at 2.5Ghz, and isn't even Intel Burn Test stable (5 iterations) at that. It was stable at 2.4Ghz, but once again, it was 60+ degrees. Seeing how my MaxTemp is 58, that can't be good for my CPU. I'm kinda sad that I took it of water. I really liked that Koolance case I had, but that rig wasn't worth the 4k I put into it.

Oh well, does anyone have any good PC game recommendations? I just finished Gears of War, GTA4, and Mass Effect. I have NFS:Undercover and Assassin's Creed, but both of them seem waaay to repetitive.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I highly recommend you play Prince of Persia, absolutely amazing. And if you want a short shooter, try Wanted: Weapons of Fate.

Unknown said...

I've played the first PoP, the one that was part of the "trilogy" and I thought it was amazing. I shall try out the new Prince of Persia, as per your recommendation. And I'll check out Wanted as well. Thanks!